Extractions are the removal of teeth from the mouth. At Main Street Dental Clinics, we remove teeth at our office in most cases. We will do everything possible to ensure that you have a pleasant experience.
Indications for Tooth Extraction:
- Decay that has destroyed too much of the healthy tooth structure that saving the tooth is no longer possible
- Gum disease that has destroyed enough bone that the tooth is loose and no longer supported in the jaw
- Fracture of a tooth from trauma
- Wisdom teeth that are impacted or do not have space to maintain properly
- Removal of teeth to make room for braces
This kind of extraction is performed for those whose teeth have already erupted and present with minimal complications. The tooth is able to be removed in a routine way.
This type of procedure is done for teeth that are more complicated to remove. Complications include unerupted teeth, teeth broken at the gum level, or teeth with curved roots. Bone will need to be removed next to the tooth to remove the tooth, and most often we will place a stitch to promote proper healing.